CNA, which stands for Certified Nursing Assistant, is a medical officer who works in a medical facility and who looks after the daily management of the patients such as taking care of the patients, checking their vital signs and reporting them to the doctor. CNA is a highly regarded job and if you plan to work as a CNA then you must be careful in taking a good Online CNA training programs.
CNA training programs consist of both classroom learning and real-world practice training. The CNA training program is usually given at a community college, university or a medical facility. Many universities also offer Online CNA training Programs. The total course duration ranges from 100 to 120 hours which includes both classroom time and the practical training. During the CNA training, all kind of nursing skills are covered such as patient care, legal issues, use of basic medical equipment, measuring vital signs, and others. The use of emergency radio equipment and CPR may or may not be included in the training program, since it is not a mandatory requirement.
Recommended CNA Schools!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Dental Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
Miller- Motte Technical College (MMTC) can help get you from here to a new career!
Miller- Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
The cost of CNA training programs generally range from about $400 to $1200. But don’t worry about the large cost of the training program; you can also get a good amount of financial aid for your course of studies, or you may also be able to find free CNA training classes. You may get free CNA training classes at some medical facilities where they will train you at no cost; however, you will need to sign a contract stating that you would work for the stated period of time with that same medical facility.
During the CNA training program, students will be taught various theoretical and practical lessons related to nursing. They will have to apply these learning in the medical field as a nursing assistant. Once the CNA training classes is completed, the CNA students will have to appear for a CNA certification exam. The certification exam may be offered by the school themselves, or by the board of health of that particular state or by Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP). Upon successful completion of the certification exam, the student will be awarded a legal certification stating that he or she is legal permitted to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant in any kind of medical facility.
Certified Nursing Assistant is one of the most sought-after career choices in today’s world. With a respected position and a good annual earning, many people prefer the CNA career to others. But most people are confused where to start and how to join a CNA class. CNA classes can often be found at local nursing homes, hospitals, community colleges and even at American Red Cross. But if you are too busy to physically go for classes at these places then you can even choose online CNA classes. You can complete most part of your CNA training course by just sitting in front of your pc. Additionally, you can also get several free online CNA classes.
Choosing online CNA classes can be more beneficial to you. The first benefit is that you can arrange it according to your schedule. If you are a busy person, or have a job in the day time or are a single parent, then you can take online CNA classes right according to your time. The flexibility offered by CNA classes can be very very beneficial to you. In fact, taking online classes also save your money. Usually taking CNA classes at any centre requires a significant sum of money. However if you opt to take CNA classes online through internet, then it can save a considerable amount of your money. If you are a good internet searcher then you can also find several free online CNA classes in the internet which can be taken to complete the most part of your CNA course.
In the online CNA classes, basically you are taught the theoretical medical knowledge and skills required to pass the CNA certification exam. However, you will require completing certain credit hour of your CNA course doing your clinical requirements. This requires you to work directly with the patients. Most online CNA classes will arrange your clinical classes with medical facilities at you locality.
CNA training requires students to attend 75 to 125 hours of classes before attending the CNA certification exam. After completing both you online CNA class and our medical CNA class, oyu can sit for the CNA certification exam and after passing out, quickly join a healthcare facility to work. But before joining any CNA classes, you should look at the different facilities that center offers to the students. This applies to online CNA classes as well. Sometimes, free CNA online classes can be scams too, so you need to check out before signing up for any program.