Here are two centers to take your CNA classes in Michigan State. Both of these programs prepare students to appear the State of Michigan’s CNA certification exam. In Michigan, CNA training classes are generally offered by technical or community colleges.
Lansing Community College- Lansing Community College is the third largest community college in Michigan. The college is located in downtown Lansing. LCC offers over 240 certificate and associate’s degree programs. LCC offers various certificate programs for nursing aides. Some of them are:
- Long Term Care Nurse Aide Certificate of Completion: This is an 8 hour state certified nursing aide course. It focuses on basic nursing skills needed to carry out the responsibilities of a CNA. The graduate of this program can work in nursing homes and long-term healthcare facilities. Graduates are also eligible to sit for the State Competency Evaluation Nurse Aide examination.
- Acute and Long Term Nurse Aide Certificate of Completion: This program combines the coursework from the long term care nurse aide certificate and the acute care nurse assistant/patient assistant technician programs. It is also an 8 hour credit course that prepares students to work in long term medical facilities as well as appear the State Competency Evaluation Nurse Aide examination.
Address: 419 N. Capitol Ave., Lansing, Michigan 48901
Phone Number: (517) 483-1957
Washtenaw Community College- Washtenaw Community College, which is situated in southeastern Michigan, offers approximately 100 credit programs on its main campus. Washtenaw Community College offers the Certified Nursing Assistant training program through its School of Nursing and Health Science.
This CNA training program is a 90 hour certificate program. It combines classroom theoretical learning, clinical labs as well as a 26 hour clinical experience at local hospitals and clinics. Throughout the CNA course, students are taught varied medical knowledge and skills which can be used to work in a wide range of medical facilities and healthcare environment. Upon the successful completion of the CNA Training programs, students are eligible to sit for the state CNA examination.
Address: 4800 E. Huron River Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Phone Number: (734) 973-3300
Recommended CNA Schools!
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AS in Health Science - Independent Duty Medical Technician
- AS in Health Science - Physical Therapy Assistant (Military Only)
- AS in Health Science - Army Dental Specialist (Military Only)
- And more...
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- AS - Medical Assisting
- Diploma - Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP- Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting