Certified Nursing Assistant is a well-regarded career option with an earning over $30000 per year. But you may be wondering where to start the CNA training classes. If so, then the CNA training classes offered by the American Red Cross may be a good option. The American Red Cross offers nationally recognized CNA training classes in different states and also abides by the requirements of each state.
The American Red Cross CNA training can involve strenuous physical tasks, so the participants must be physically healthy as well as free of any communicable disease. One can always discuss about health conditions in advance before signing up for the CNA classes. In the CNA course, students are taught various nursing skills such as measuring vital signs, positioning the patient safely, ambulating them as well as maintain their hygiene. In the American Red Cross CNA training course, students are also taught to take CPR.
The American Red Cross has a set of requirements for any applicant to join their CNA classes. Following are the requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years
- Must not be involved in any kind of felony within last 7 years
- Must not be suffering from any kind of communicable disease
- Must not be pregnant
During the course of CNA studies, the trainee should abide by the following rules:
- Arrive classes on time
- Attend all the classes(only 6 missed hours are permitted; however, all missed hours must be covered)
- Pass the final certification test with a score of 80% or higher
After successfully completing the American Red Cross CNA training course, the trainee will have to sit for the CNA certification exam. The certification exam has two parts:
1. The Skills Test or the Clinical Test
2. The Written Test
The entire exam is completed in approximately 5.5 hours and the results are also declared on the same day. The trainee should first pass the Skills Test before taking the Written Test. Upon successfully passing the examination, the trainee will receive a certification stating that he or she is legally permitted to work as a CNA.
Recommended CNA Schools!
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AS in Health Science - Independent Duty Medical Technician
- AS in Health Science - Army Dental Specialist (Military Only)
- AS in Health Science - Dental Laboratory Advanced (Military Only)
- And more...
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP- Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- And more...
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- AS - Medical Assisting
- Diploma - Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- Physical Therapist Assistant (AS)
- Medical Office Assistant